Monday, June 11, 2007

A TRIP TO HARGesia OR A WEDDING AT SAUDIA

While we were sitting around for dinner, my dad casually asked me if I (MUST) take a summer course this yr,,and knowing my dad I instantly knew what he had in mind, but no I wanted it to hear him say it, acting clueless I said ,yes: I do, ,otherwise, I won't be able to graduate in time ..U know that dady(I call him dada or papa not aboo cuz I'm spoiled )loll!!!!!
Anyways my dad then explained how it would be nice to go to hargesia,since I've always nagged in their ears day and night about how badly I want to go and how I have no routs here and how I want to c matho ppl (light or dark) it makes no difference to me)) everywhere, I just love my color :-)
Therefore, my dad assumed I'll jump up and down and agree to the trip in a min or maybe feel more sad b/c I won't be able to go,,well,,I didn't have an of those feelings b/c by now I'm used to having the worst luck on this planet and lately I even refuse to get excited about things (if I ever got excited about anything, it's just not going to happen)from lil things like my friend's mum having an accident (just a thunder binder) the day we were suppose to go out and canceling on me 10 times before that for other reasons or something impo like not being able to go to my land b/c of my stupid summer course, I really thought about delaying it more than once,but the way I c it: I only have one yr left then I can work and make something of my self, I honestly can't handle staying here for another semester, I just can't!!!!!
Well, now my cousin (favorite cousin, I consider him like my own brother, I love his family dearly) is getting married in Saudi this summer, for a whole hour I was thinking about what I'm going to wear, how many dress I should take, my shoes,and makeup, and then my mum dropped a bomb shell on me saying it could be at the end of July, AT THE TIME OF MY FINALS,,!!!!!!
Ok.after freezing for a few mintz,I decided I knew the best way to go,I'll just forget about the wedding all together(bas normally I'll have 2 buy a few things …!!!!!))
It's just that I won't think about it 247,I'll live my life and when the time is near,I could almost guarantee(inshallah)) that it won't be at the time of my finals..just b/c I wasn't over floating with joy waiting for it to HAPPEN ;-)

6 comments:

Farah said...

"if I ever got excited about anything, it's just not going to happen"

I totally agree with you on that point. Let's see it like this, maybe certain things are never meant to happen, but we keep dreaming and end up being disappointed. I think that we better live the moment. I hope that you get what you wish for, girl. :)

Aya said...

I totally hear your dilemma with luck, if I fall in love with some ice cream brand or lipstick, I just see it removed from the market. If you can, go to the wedding and double up on your courses next semester. Summer school is so overrated but traveling and hanging out with new people can be a great deal of fun.

Hopeless Dreamer said...

faroo7a:::very wise words, how come i never think like that!!..loll..but yahh i'll live in the moment and I'll try not to obsess anymore
aya:lolll...glad that i'm not the only one in the world that has a bad luck..bu i CAN't possibly miss his wedding, I've been waiting to dance at his wedding forever;-)

NM said...

Sounds like you deserve a hug, bless you love. As for hargaisa i was really apprehensive when i went and i loved it, everything about it its such a cool place and you should experience it. go i say

Admin said...

Hopeless Dreamer, a trip to Hargasia is a good one, just go to Hargasia; it is always good to see your country.

Hopeless Dreamer said...

thanx every1 ,,we've decided to go to hargesia next yr,,,and saudi this summer,,it worked out just fine:-)