Monday, June 18, 2007

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS

On Friday I got a call from my friend tempting me to go IC SKATING with her, my first reaction was of course NO thanx 7abibti ,,I can't skate ,forgetting the fact that (me= lacking ice skating skills GOES WITHOUT SAYING…simply B/C non of my friends knows how 2 skate ..Lollll...This is Kuwait we r talking about we r not big on sports ,I can almost swear that most ppl go there to escape the unbearable heat…((it is cold OVER THERE..soooo very cold)
Anyways she trapped me with guilt saying that I didn't go at a major Somali gathering at her house ,,and the only way to make amends is to go skating or (attempting to skate crossing my fingers and praying not to break my legs))
The event (can I call it that ...dunoo) anyways ,it was organized by the Somali students union in kw ,which I consider myself a part of ,but sadly for many reasons can't represent my college (even though I was asked to )in the meetings ,,I truly believe that these young Somalis (including myself) can close the gap by forgetting our differences (political o tribal )and we r making great example of doing so..
We arrived there in the morning ,saw my dear friend waiting for me, then entered there to meet the rest ,I didn't know all the girls in there but I would luv to get to know(some of them)in the near future inshallah,,,it was no surprise that most ppl there were Brits and Americans ,they can't handle the heat…hehehe…,they were stunned by the scene of more than 15 black girls trying to skate ,but falling ALL THE TIME.. God… girls can be mean ,when some1 falls every1 kept laughing but my heart would skip a beat terrified that they broke their ribs ,,uhhh,,,I no they meant no harm, I'm just way to sensitive ,,I can't forget the american kid under the age of 2 who was learning to skate with his dad..(He was soo cute and soo brave))Made us ashamed of ourselves ,,,loll,,it didn't matter we still had a good time ,,and guess what..they are already planning to go there,,again,soon

Unfortunate accident
Yesterday while I was with my mum after getting back from visiting some relatives I came to find m car between 2 cars ,almost wanting to cry I mentioned to my mum that I failed at this position in my driving test ..I only got my license b/c of my dad's friend who helped me (like every1 else does around here, otherwise u won't ever get your license) anyways I'm an OK driver, I just suck at parking,,ukkh
Trying to get out of the worst alley I've ever seen, I ended up scratching some poor man's car. I still feel so guilty about it. What I really wanted to do was leave a note but my mum won't let me. she wanted us OUT of the scary alley and back to our home as soon as possible., I'm sooo crushed now ,cuz only yest my dad was talking about buying me a new car ,somehow I can't see this happening any time soonn..uhhhhhh

3 comments:

Admin said...

Hopeless dreamer, you are lucky; you live in Muslim country where you can hear Aaadaan from the mosque. Kuwait is one of the countries I have in mind to visit in the future becuase I have never been to Middle East countries and I know little about Carabta.

Aya said...

IMAN,

LOL @ skating. It is not a very easy thing to learn as a grown up but I assure you it is addictive once you do. A great exercise too.

About parking: practice, practice, practice. It is the only way you can learn to do it, especially if you're driving one of those longish or biggish cars. You had the right idea about leaving a note but sometimes you have to clear the scene.

Hopeless Dreamer said...

abdinassir ::ya,,kuwait is ok..but the heat is unbearable,,u should visit us u'll like it here.. normally I can hear (clearly ) athan from 3 mosques 5 times a day.

Aya..loll…I knowww.... evey1 there were kids or learned how 2 skate when they were younger. We looked a bit ridiculous...hehehe
and regarding parking ,,, I never though i'll park in a tiny place like that, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm used to my quiet (sane) town...