Sunday, June 10, 2007

A job offer

My friend started working this summer at a small office where basically all u do is call ppl at tell them (stopppp using so much water and electricity))some ppl might hung up on u,others might call u names ,and rarely u might even find ppl who will listen to you and take interest in what you are saying. why I'm I talking about her job???,,well she asked me to work there as well,, its 8 hours a day and the pay check is not bad at all,,,,,
I'm really confused at the moment so I made this list of bros and cons
first of all::::
1_i will be able to pay the dentist (for taqwim )
2_ I will feel like I'm doing something useful with my life.
3_i will cut back on watching TV(I've wanted to do this forever, but it never seems to work))
4_i'll get to take the car,,,I just like to drive:-)
5_i might come out of my turtle shell and learn something new.


1_when my summer course starts I'll have to work 8 hours aday+4 hours at college.
2_it'll be super difficult to study for my quizzes and exams.
3_i have anemia …(need to explain)!!
4_we're doing ok,it's not that that soul purpose of working is money .
5_i'm lazy..:(

Ok..this list isn’t helping much ..I still duno what to do??!!

5 comments:

Ever The Idealist said...

Salam sis, I would say take the job as your pros out weight the cons except for the aneamia thing. Are you aneamic because you dont eat right? could be easly solved if you aet all your greens and maybe take some iron tablets eh?

Take the job as it may make you prioritise and get more out of life as sometimes we can procastinate lots and not get done when we have too much free time.

Keep us apdated on the progress InshaAllah

Hopeless Dreamer said...

salaam,,u gave me a few things to think about, SO INSHALLAH I'LL GO THERE and c what happens, and me having anemia is actually a big deal(always being weak and fainting sometimes . )That's my mumz reason not to accept the job(NOT mine), and yes eating greens might help, except that I don't eat much at all, maybe one meal a day)
Inshallah I'll keep u updated on my situation :-)

Aya said...

Take the job, Iman. Work for now and save some of your money. Once you're back to school, it will be difficult to do the 8+4 but you CAN do it! You'd be surprised at how fast your stamina improves and a 12 hour day becomes a breeze. SAVE SAVE SAVE your money for the dentist and other things. Watching TV can make us tired and minds foggy. For the anemia, see if you can tolerate iron pills.

Farah said...

Take the job, girl! Keep yourself busy. At least work will kill boredom. About working for 8 hours, don't worry, time will pass by and you won't even feel it. For me, when I work, it's more fun than going out. Weird, huh? Plus, you will gain more experience, and before being a teacher for the rest of your life, you may want to try something different. Anyways, it's up to you, you know what's best for you, and school always comes first.

Hopeless Dreamer said...

aya:thanx 4 the advice i will try akid..just keep in mind that we(somalis in khleeg) are called (ceyal caseer)for a good reason..that's the only thing we r good at :-)
farah:::glad t c u on my blog,,why did u have to remind me that i'm going to teach FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE (it sounds like a life sentence in it.))).hehehe....but u no i'm good at it..i wouldn't mind teaching at alllllll