Saturday, June 9, 2007

A POEM

Unfulfilled memories, unspoken dreams
Lost in my own misery ...nothing is what it seems
My perfectly polished life is falling apart
Must keep the secrets inside my lonely heart
**********************************
Finding ways to escape is my new struggle
Lies and deception are in my vains
I'm not a stupid toy; I'm sick pf being juggled
By fake players, who can't even remember my name..
*****************************************
Desperately seeking approval, craving for attention
Not being heard, completely filled with tension
I wanted to scream, cry, and mention
That no one but you is worthy of my affection

Warning this poem is not about relationships ,even though it seems like it…plz give me ur feed back

3 comments:

Aya said...

I like it. And I didn't think it was about relationships at first impression. It gave me an image of a person behind plexiglass, people can see but cannot hear or touch. Curious about your first sentence. My mind scrambled the order and it read: "Unfulfilled dreams, unspoken memories". It works either way, doesn't it?

SleepDepraved said...

Disillusioned is the word I thought of. For some odd reason (don't take it personally), I thought the feelings were superficial, like you barely scratched the surface. Though, I am curious why you gave warning to not read the poem in the context of a relationship. Different school of poetry, I dare say. Most poets let the reader deduce what the want. Its like a painting in a gallery. You see what you see and most times than not the caption underneath it does not explain your initial reaction to the piece. After you read the caption you translate the painting into the imagery written out for you.

:) Be interested to see what it actually represents and rereading it after that fact

Hopeless Dreamer said...

aya::thanx alot 4 everything u said,,and yes,,it doez work either way, strange how I've never thought of it like that,,,
sleepdepraved: i have no idea why i wrote that my poem is not about relationships,its just that when i read it as a whole 4 the first time,it really seemed that way..!!!
and noo,,i won't take it personally akid,,i think i know what u mean,my language and choice of words are not strong enough, it's just that I'm studying English as a foreign language, I don't think I can say second, but inshallah i'll improve in the near future,,thanx again