Thursday, May 3, 2007

A day to remember

I haven’t written anything in a couple of weeks. I was actually extremely busy. .no. maybe I should wipe that. I'm sooo lying. I wasn’t busy..i mean a few interesting things have happened. but that...uhhhhhhh sorry i will stop babbling now and I promise from now on i will start making sense.. ok..sooooooooo
First of all there was a cultural exhibition about Somalia that i wanted to go to badly ..nd 4 some reason i had this idea that i'll go there and i'll feel music in my heart and see the girls working there and start hugging each and ever1 of them 4 their amazing effort,, ,wellllllll guess again..it didn’t quiet go like that..actually it was the opposite i got a really cool parking space and was all excited to meet the people there and get to know them well..what happened was..i felt like a complete stranger from the minute i walked in(((ok i was a stranger they never saw me be4)but is it naive to expect any Somali girl to be friendly just b/c we share the nationally. .maybe. .u tell me!!!!
I started smiling to evey1 there and saying hiiii..salammm.. complimented their work(did i mention i'm really shy and i always try to fight that feeling) and I made a poor attempt to make small talk but they weren’t on the same planet that I was.,and even if they were they would've probably ignored me anyaways.. my PRIDE ..owchh
I said bye to the only girll i knew and drove back home ..man was i glad that I didn't let my dad drop me over there. I would've been stuck there4 hours...
The second incident was the forming of the very first student union in kw (for Somali students of course)...woww..sounds exciting right!!!..NO to me.IT WAS .aa auu. .!!!!I couldn’t care less about it..i just wanted to sleep and relax on the weekend but somehow my friends got me really excited and with the dress code rule that my dad inforced . .WHAT..I'M I 12!!I couldn’t wear any of my cool outfits so every1 i knew was defiantly going to dress up with make up and allll..mashallah and i will be the only weird chick with clothes that belong to the 17th century. .NOOOO THANKS
After I've already decided to stay at home. my friends kept calling..r u ..going..nooo..thatz a big deal .u should come..bla bla bla..so basically i got dragged there thinking i'll have the worst time ever. but guess what.....not only did i enjoy being there(((MUCH)but i'm seriously considering running 4 a position next yr...wowah...the atmosphere was quiet and great,. only students...boys included of course ..hehehe...i honestly felt like i matter. I wanted to scream i'm A Somali and proud>>>>>> i have rights and i will demand what i feel is mine ..it was a good day. .a day 2 remember....

No comments: