Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Qabilka iyo gabdhaha

Every1 will tell u that the reason of the horrors and destruction that took place in Somalia in the last 17 years and (even before that)is qabil…soo the older generation is obsessed with that matter, what about us ,where we do we stand on that subject!!!
The way I see it with my little experience with other Somalis.u'll find different types :
1_the worst typ,qabil fanatic. not afraid to let you know how they feel, they pretend to be brave when they are around other members of their own qabil….((love to be in groups, rarely alone)
2_the other type, swear they don't even know what their qabil is, maybe they had problems in the past with other Somalis and they learned their lesson. so they think lying is the best way to handle that subject, if they didn't avoid Somalis altogether.
3_the confusing type, they won't discriminate against other qabil but they feel a little bit more comfortable around their own,just b/c they share the same ideas.
4_either they hate your qabil .not you,b/c of the ideas that were installed in their heads by their parents or they simply feel superior to other qabil so they won't either marry from em or mingle with them as much
5_the perfect type, almost rare ,they won't give a damn if u were Somali .Ethiopian or Chinese ,who u are and your qabil…makes no difference to them whatsoever ,not even a tiny bit,ok,soo I haven't met this type yet and I truly doubt they actually exist..!!!!!!!!

Ok where I'm i?
.I really want to BE a 5 really. but I didn't create this blog to lie and besides every1 I know, knows where I stand.ok I'll admit I'm a 3 for now, I am more than be ready to be a 5 if I got the necessary help. Which is meeting some nice 5z J
Why I'm I a 3 ?!!,well, my good friend (>>>)is from another qabil,and I love her dearly, but that doesn't mean I'll tolerate the negative remarks against my region I simply won't..
I'm I being naïve here, I truly believe that u can bee from any part of the country and have your own convictions about the case and in the same time listen to what other ppl have to say and accept that you can't change their mind..this subject is even worse than qabil these days ,i'm really close to being a (2)now !!!!!!
كلمة من القلب::احب ديرتي صوماليلاند وو ان مع الانفصاللل و اذا كان في سبيل للاتحاد بدون جر ويلات الحر الى ديرتي ما اتوقع في احد راح يعترض.....الله يديم الامااان عليناو يرد الأمن لباااجي الصومااال...امييييييننننن

3 comments:

Aya said...

Very interesting reflections on qabiil, hon! I am most disturbed by number 1s, especially young people who've never set foot in Somalia yet take on the issue of qabiil with unparalleled energy and hatred.

Ameen to you duca, too.

Firefly said...

You've never met a #5? Well, now is your chance! *Points at herself*

LoL...

On a serious note, I don't think the Qabiil mentality will ever leave us. Best chance is to put it to more positive use rather than the other way round.

Om said...

I assure you that #5s do exist, except that ppl think they're apathetic. And Aya's point is quite true - how sad:(