Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fee

Fee is a typical Somali friend!!!u might wonder ,what does that mean, well, fee is loud (no surprise here),talkative, that's where our language comes in handy ,won't take crap from anyone ,knows what she wants and no one can ever persuade her into doing something she does not like, fee is honest ,she will tell it as it is ,she won't lie to you no matter what, my favorite thing about her is how she is genuinely fascinated by seeing matho ppl and is often pissed of when they r not around ,(if there is a song on TV with small children but no matho kids ,she'll start lashing out 3altv)did I mention she used to have a black stamp with a Black Barbie when she was in school, simply saying what would I want with a stamp of cadaan Barbie)anyways I absolutely love this girlll.

After negotiations that went on for months ,I finally convinced my friend fee that I'm an OK driver and it's actually safe to ride with me so unexpectedly after I almost gave up ,she agreed to go out, I feel privileged to be the first person to show her the cool places in KW*
Anyways ,I got up that morning and I always use the alarm in my phone so when I heard the noise (I don't remember I was asleep)I pressed something and the next thing I knew is me waking up n hour late(that hour was my grooming time)owch. anyways ,I was still too excited to let anything put me down so I wore my bright yellow top,(I know a crazy color)and jeans and put on a light make up and rushed to reach my lecture on time,of course I was late, normally I drive fasttttt but the radio station had these slow love songs so I took the right lane and basically forgot(everything)except the song…
The moment I entered my class ,it was soo weird almost all the girls were gazing my way ,some with approval looks.some with plain (what the hell is up with here 2day look),,well u see the thing is ,I ALWAYS wear black cabaya and b'ack shilla(xijab)to college ,so it was a bit unusual for me to all of a sudden change my style and wear such a bight color ,I forgot to add ,no matter what u wear or do ppl will still give u looks its caadiii around here,,,
my prof decided that he have so much to do and he stayed for half the lecture only ,when he said would u like us to stop now (we all went)YAAAAAAA…loll..i felt as if I'm back to kindergarten …..while I as waiting for feeI told M that I 'm soo excited and normally when I'm that excited something goes wrong,after 5 mintz ,fee called saying that Zanob won't be able to come cuz her friend was depressed and she has to stay and cheer her up,,uhh,,!!!!!(that was sad ,,I was looking forward for her to join us)
Ok.no bigy,I won't let that upset me, fee ,mimi and myself had a good time …we went out ,ate, talked ,wandered around and ..everything went great(except of the deadly stares and raised eyebrows she gave anyone who dared to look our way,(funny)and the cool mathoo family we saw there with matching braids ,,(really amazing)
It was an ordinary day 4 many ppl,but to me and fee it was everything BUT ordinary.

3 comments:

Firefly said...

Fee sounds like a character. It must be fun to have her around.

Lonesome Dreamer said...

Sounds like a lovely time!

Sorry, what does matho mean?

Hopeless Dreamer said...

I meant mathow.(black))…!!
I know my Somali is (>>>>>),,uhhh,,sorry!!!!