Saturday, November 7, 2009

MOIIIIII

Bak to real lifeeeee

2 weeks ago I received a shipment of novels that I ordered online .I managed to go to work /eat (very quickly )and sleep (only occasionally) while I buried my nose in my novels and I still can't believe I 'm done . I read around a novel each day (400) pages at least and I fooled people into thinking I was paying attention to their conversations ( while I was thinking what about what will happen next in the novel that was secretly tucked under my books.)
I feel strange like something is missing from my life, I'm barely resisting going to the book store and buying some more novels (even though the ones I like are not found in Kw).
The crazy part about this whole thing is =I honestly don't have that much free time so in order to finish reading ,I have to cut back on the things I normally do and of course sleep deprivation would've driven me crazy if I didn't sleep for 16 hours straight last night to make up for an entire week of staying a wake till 4 or 3 am and waking up a couple of hours later to go to work.
I miss my dream world :(


My boys

I'm not sure if I'm handling thing correctly but after a week or two of being the firm/mean/teacher I turn 180 degreez and become so friendly with my boys (if I feel that they're worth the good treatment )n I havE a hard time finding a middle ground (firm & friendly )at the same time. Don't get me wrong during the lesson I don't allow them to talk or interrupt me in anyway, but I don't think that sharing some information with them or answering a few personal questions is that big of a deal, so what if they want to know my age or if they're telling me about what they did yesterday or showing me something their parents brought them as a gift .I'm genuinely interested in every aspect of their life specially the excellent ,well behaved students .I think I like my job :)

Most white ppl are racist

I think I have to accept this fact so every time I find out that more ppl I know are racist I'll stop feeling shocked and get used to it by noww
I was attending a class for one of my colleagues and during the lesson the kids were playing scene using a baby toy and the toy was covered with a blanket when the baby was revealed , it was black and everyone laughed specially after listening to the dialogue :
Oh , what a lovely boy
Yes ,it's brown
It's got big nose
And red lips
Hahaha (very funny)
I was sitting there contemplating 2 actions (1-playing the adult role and ignoring what's happening or leaving the class and giving the teacher a piece of my mind) regardless to say that the coward me choose the first action plan.
I later found out that she meant it as a way to make fun of her black husband (Sooo Shallow)…….

5 comments:

Aya said...

Shallow, indeed! That is just terrible!

Good for you, reading all those books. I don't know what I would do without reading, things get so tedious and stressful with work.

How have you been, otherwise, hon?

Hopeless Dreamer said...

Ana okay 7ayatoo
Just being busy with school and exams and correcting a mountain of papers (the usual boring stuff) bt I really missed reading your blog girl ,n I'm glad to c u writing more often these days :p

Anonymous said...

From Adam/your secret admiror: So u are writing again???? I love love love to read your blog!! I draw intellectual stimulans and hidden longing in your lines. I started reading your blog from the beginning but I think I missed when you got the as a teacher. I hope you enjoy staying in Kuwait.....

Hopeless Dreamer said...

Hii Adam
I really don't know what to say except thanxxx alotttt for your nice comments,you have put a smile on my face and I'm glad u enjoy my blog
:)

Anonymous said...

From Adam/your secret admiror:

Hi Hopeful dreamer,

I am glad that I put an smile on your face. You deserve more. So little... You are inteligent....Thanks for sharing your thoughts and intellect.