Monday, November 30, 2009

About my 3ID

New moon
I went to see New Moon during the 3id holiday and let me tell you, the movie was Not a Disappointment at all, The movie theatre was packed with people and yet no one made a peep, the kids were glued to the screen, the teenage girls were crying at some point (no joke) my eyes got a bit teary also but I was obsessed for so long what's their excuse?!
I read the 4 books of course and I knew what will happen in every second and somehow that seemed a bit strange but their performance and the special effects kept my eyes from wondering off the screen, I loved itttt. I can't wait for the next part(Eclipse )..


Brave or reckless
I got tired of waiting for people to fit me into their plans and instead decided to do something different ,I decided to take matters into my own hands and not let other people control me in anyway.
I decided to visit My good friend Zee who lives far away from my house, it takes about an hour t get there and the distance wasn't the problem.
Maybe I should explain something first , my parents specially my dad are very protective of me , I never go anywhere new before he shows me the way himself and then let's me drive while he's sitting next to me so I won't get lost , I know that most fathers protect their daughters the best way they can and yes here it's very natural to be concerned about the girl's safety more than the boy of course. But I don't need to be a genius to know that my dad is the most protective one of all.
I was depressed during the first Day of 3id, I was going through something at home and I felt like I needed to go out, the problem was that either my friends had other plans with their family or they were going in groups (20)girls or more to a movie and the next day dinner in the house of of another friend .Back when I was in college I would always comprise but No More , why?
I hate large gatherings.
I hate to go somewhere knowing people I dislike will be there.
I hate to watch everything I say and worrying how it could reach my parents somehow (Somali mother's network) it's faster than CNN
I'm a private person, I keep a small group of friends who I trust and if some of them betrayed my trust (I give No second chances).
Simply I refuse to do something I'm not comfortable doing, regardless how other's may take it.
So ,back to my story. I made up my mind to go to her house even though I don’t know the way n I was feeling scared as hell .
She tried to help he out a bit through the phone but since her direction skills are no better than mine I decided to try it on my own .
I got lost a couple of times , I took several detours but I made it to her town in under an hour (wow), I was so proud of myself , the real problem started then ,the town was so big and the streets were alike ,so I kept coming back to the same place I started from(going in circles ).I was soo frustrated I decided to stop and ask for directions at a near by grocery store , I was looking for an older man or any woman to help but I was out of luck, SO I took my chances and asked a guy for directions hoping he would be the decent sort not the(I will not let you breath until you give me your number Type),he was kind enough, he showed how to get there then went on his own way .After that I got LOST again , ukh I know I'm hopeless (remove me from the street nww).I stopped my car called my friend asked her to help me out Somehow WHEN I saw the nice guy's car behind me , he was surprised I was still lost and asked me to follow him AGAIN ,finally he stopped (in front of her house)I though he was only showing me the way not take me there TO the house , loll. I WAS EMBARASSED but thankful, and yes he didn't ask for my number or anything ( I don't give that Vibe ) instead he gave me a small tidy bear(which was kind of weird to tell you the truth )He asked for 2KD(as a joke)4 helping me out , I finally said thanxxx and he went on his own way ,not bothering us with anything (so unusual from Kuwaiti guys).
Chivalry is not DEAD ppl……
I took her out , we had a great time and I went back home in one piece ;-)

2 comments:

q said...

Wow!! Mashallah! I'm not sure I should be encouraging you but my god! I so wish I could do the same thing! I haven't got my license though so that sucks, and like your dad mine wouldn't allow me to travel alone either...not in a car for sure. Some day soon though inshallah, gotta get my license first...then I'm going drive and get lost...then keep on driving. Lol.

I'm glad you're alright though.

Hopeless Dreamer said...

Hey
In my case it’s pretty different (there’s no train) and the bus (is definitely not safe), so the only way to travel inside Kw is by using the car .Bt uhh I don’t think my heart can handle me doing that again
it was fun though ;p

ps :You should get a license too, what r u waiting for?
The best thing about it is not having to wait around 4 someone to take you anymore just grab your keys and ………..GET GOING …loll